Who has not in their lifetime of driving been given a traffic violation summons, or never had to pay a parking violation fines. It can be a hassle dealing with those fines and fees when one must travel to a particular designated Court to either challenge the charges or to pay off of the traffic violation fees and fines.
But the residents of New Jersey State now have access to a reliable and efficient online portal to pay their traffic-related dues through the innovative NJMCDirect online payment platform. No more taking leave from work to appear in the Municipal courts to appear in front of judges.
The intuitive online platform gives the residents of New Jersey state a user-friendly and convenient online platform to take care of their traffic fees and fine payments.
The online portal has not only helped the residents but also benefited the courts as they do not require to appoint officers and cash clerks to physically collect fees and fines. The NJMCDirect portal provides a fast, secure and very convenient online platform for the residents to transact all traffic department related payment issues.
How to Pay New Jersey Traffic Ticket Online?
The NJMCDirect portal would first assign a Prefix Code before accepting any fees or fines. A person can access the official online website for making payments after four days from the date of the traffic ticket. There is no option to appeal for the reduction of fines on the online portal and to avoid penalties or extra charges payment must be made within the due date printed on the traffic ticket.
Payment of fines and fees through the NJMCDirect online portal would still require the following important information to be filled out:
Details of the Traffic or parking ticket: Before making the payment, one must enter certain details as mentioned on the ticket. Other than having a unique Ticket number it would also contain the Court ID and details of the type of the traffic or parking violation, printed on it.
Vehicle Registration or License plate number: This detail is crucial in making the online fine payment for any traffic ticket or parking violation. The online payment portal would require the license plate number of the vehicle in question.
Preferred Payment methods: Any valid Credit or Debit card issued by a reputed bank or financial services organization can be used to make the payments online. Any bank-issued Visa, Mastercard or American Express card can be used to pay for the fines and fees online.
Access to a PC or Smart mobile device: The NJMCDirect online payment platform can be accessed through any personal computer, tablet or smart mobile device supporting a reliable internet connection. Importance should be given to use of a stable internet connection so that the payment process does not get interrupted midway
Timings: The NJMCDirect is an online portal also follows a certain schedule. The NJMC portal is not operational at all hours of the day but can be accessed every day of the week for a preset number of hours. They are open on,
- Monday to Thursday: 7.30 AM to 11,45 PM
- Fridays 7.30 AM to 10.45 PM
- Saturdays: 7.30 AM to 3.45 PM
- Sundays: 1 PM to 11.45 PM
- Closed for National and Court holidays
Steps to follow to pay for the traffic ticket online.
- One can access the NJMCDirect online portal through the website with URL: www.NJMCDirect.com.
- On getting access to the website home page, one has to click on the option indicating “Traffic Ticket Search” or “Time Payment Order” to trace their ticket from the official traffic department database.
- The next step involves selecting the Ticket number and Ticket prefix, entering the Court ID details and License plate numbers in the relevant boxes.
- Once the requisite boxes have been filled, one should click on “Continue” to open the page to start the payment process. The payment page would require information about the payment instrument, relevant details of the Credit card or Debit card.
- The online portal would show all traffic payment-related information for a maximum of 90 days from the online transaction. In case of any dispute, one can contact the NJMCDirect customer service for a resolution.